The Sabbath and Mistaken Identities
Historians have written that various religious organizations kept the Sabbath which has led to confusion about the history of the Christian era church.
The Word Sabbath and its Common Meanings
The claims that various historical people and groups were godly is often based on the word “Sabbath” as used by historians.
In reality Constantine decreed that the Sabbath was to be observed on the first day of the week and not on the Biblical Seventh Day; but the word “Sabbath” was never changed, only the day on which the “Sabbath” was observed was changed; so that from Constantine to today the first day of the week has been referred to as the “Sabbath” by Catholics and Protestants!
In fact the word “Sabbath” really refers to two different days: To the Biblically faithful it refers to the seventh day of the week, but to the mainstream professing Christian the word “Sabbath” refers to the first day of the week!
The word “Sabbath” in reference to the Irish Patrick and many others refers to Sunday the first day of the week and not to the Biblical Seventh Day Sabbath!
The Plain Truth is that since the end of the Theocracy of Israel up to relatively modern times, God’s called out were scattered individuals, families and small assemblies and not organized corporate “churches”; therefore they simply cannot be traced down through history.
The Celts and Israel
First, did the ten tribes of Israel really keep the Biblical Seventh Day Sabbath in their journeys?
Ask yourself why the Ten Tribes were removed from the promised land: They were removed from the promised land because from before the days of Jeroboam the son of Nebat they had continually rebelled against God, being overtaken by idolatry and SABBATH BREAKING!
NO, the Ten Tribes did not keep the seventh day Sabbath, either before their removal or during their wanderings, to this very day!
The Celts did not observe the seventh day Sabbath and neither did the Ten Tribes!
There is absolutely no doubt that the Anglo Saxons and Normans are the Ten Tribes of Israel, but people groping in the dark and trying to manufacture evidence, have had much of their “evidence” thoroughly disproved and have given British Israel a bad name.
The Celts and Israel: A Case of Mistaken Identity
- The word Celt refers to many different peoples speaking related languages, and does not refer to any specific people at all. While the Gauls were Celts, they were certainly not the ONLY Celts. The word “Celt” refers to a wide variety of peoples who were quite different but had languages with some similarities, and who had lived in western Europe from the most ancient times.
2. The Celts inhabited Europe from soon after Babel and the word Celt does not refer to any tribe of Israel but refers to pre Israel Europe
3. No tribe of Israel was either Celtic or Gaul; except that the half tribe of Dan picked up the Gaelic language when they “abode in ships” and migrated to already Celtic Ireland during the period of the Judges.
4. The related Celtic languages and civilizations existed across Europe since at least before the time of Samuel, as early as the 13th century B.C., and well before the removal of the Ten Tribes of Israel from Palestine in c 721 B.C.
5. The Gauls also called Celts, also existed in Europe from the most ancient times, well before the migrations of Assyria and the Ten Tribes, in fact even before the captivity of the Ten Tribes.
6. The Gauls actually invaded Greece FROM Europe in 279 B.C., and then coming from Greece they entered Anatolia to establish Galatia: Heading EAST from Europe into Greece and Anatolia; not heading from Anatolia WEST into Europe as the UCG study wrongly claims.
7. Not all Gauls invaded Anatolia from Greece and the Balkans to establish Galatia; many Gauls remained in Europe their homeland, where later they were joined by the Hittites [Franks] to form France
8. The Gauls were Gentiles and not a tribe of Israel; some Gauls invaded Anatolia FROM Greece and the Balkans and established Galatia where they were visited by Paul the apostle sent to the Gentiles [who was forbidden to go to the Ten Tribes]; and to whom the Epistle of Galatians was written.
It is history and scripture which are correct; the ten tribes were taken to Assyria and Mesopotamia c 721 B.C. hundreds of years AFTER the Celts overspread Europe [Reuben did not overspread Europe seven or eight hundred years before the Assyrian captivity]. Then after the fall of Assyria c 610 B.C. the Ten Tribes migrated with the Assyrians North, past the Black Sea to the Caspian Sea region and then headed west into northern Europe from the East.
In 616 B.C., the Medes under Cyaxares conquered Ashur. In the year 612 B.C, Nineveh fell to the combined forces of the Babylonians and Medes. Haran, Ashur-uballit’s last stronghold, was taken in 610 B.C., ending the Assyrian empire.
The term Celts or Gaul’s was a generic term for the various races inhabiting Europe from times well before Samuel.
The Gauls entered Anatolia FROM Greece and Europe where they had lived for about a thousand years previously about c200 B.C. The Gauls were NOT a tribe of Israel just entering Europe generations after the Assyrian captivity.
The Franks and France
The Hittites were a Canaanite tribe. Many Hittites remained in Palestine, but the bulk of them migrated when Joshua entered Palestine (c 1400 B.C.) to form the kingdom of Troy of Homer’s Trojan War fame (the Trojan war came later in c 1200 B.C.), settling in Anatolia.
After the Hittites were defeated in Troy they migrated into southern Europe passing through the territory of the Gauls and continuing north where they became known as the Franks by the Romans, naming their new capitol after the former king of Troy, calling it Paris, while the word France comes from the word Franks.
The Franks [Hittites] dominated Northern France, while the ancient Celtic Gauls continued to dominate the south of France and northern Italy.
The tribe of Reuben did migrate into Normandy France with the Norman invasions into Scandinavia and Britain by the tribes of Israel, but later, beginning with the discovery of the New World, the Normandy Normans migrated to Louisiana and Canada. In short the idea that France is a tribe of Israel contradicts scripture and history and is wrong.
Modern France is the nation of the Franks and Gauls [Canaanite Hittites and the Gauls] and is not a tribe of Israel. Reuben lives in Canada and the United States, where they are now known as the Quebecois, Accadians and Cajuns today.