SEP 18 The new moon was sighted from Israel this evening, Friday, 18 September 2020!
* From Tiberias by Denis and Maureen Chkolnik at 7:06pm.
* From presumably the Zevulun Valley by Yoel Halevi and his son at 7:13pm.
This means sunset on 18 September 2020 marks the beginning of the new month Happy Feast of Trumpets!
The new moon was sighted from Israel this evening, Thursday, 20 August 2020!
* From Ma’ale Adummim by Roy Hoffman, who first spotted the moon with binoculars and then sighted it with his naked eye at 7:07pm.
* From Jerusalem by Devorah Gordon at 7:14pm, followed by Gil Ashendorf.
* From Beer Sheva by Yochanan Zaqantov and Gabby Zaqantov at 7:37pm.
* From Tiberias by Denis Chkolnik at 7:21pm, followed by Maureen Chkolnik.
* From Tel Aviv by Daniela Katsikas at 7:57pm.
This means sunset on 20 August 2020 marks the beginning of the new month.
No reports from sources sighting the new moon with their naked eye from Israel this evening 21 July 2020. The 5th month will begin at sunset on 22 July 2020 by default, as it will be the end of 30 days.
update regarding last night’s New Moon observation, which was on 21 July 2020, and was the end of the 29th day of the previous month.
We have just received a report from the Israeli New Moon Society that the following people spotted the moon using magnifying / light amplifying equipment and then saw the moon with their naked eye with great difficulty.
* Gadi Eidelheit – From Ofra at 8:12pm (binoculars 8:03pm)
* Rebecca Biderman – From Poriya Ilit at 8:22pm (binoculars 8:19pm)
* Simcha Borer – From Modiin Ilit at 8:20pm (binoculars 8:20pm)
* Binyamin Nissim – From Ofra at 20:20pm (binoculars 8:10pm)